All,

When we end up moving MW core to Phabricator I'd like us to jettison our
history. The
repo is large and clunky and not conducive to development. It's only going
to grow in
size unless we do something to cut back on the junk we're carrying around.

This is my ideal Phabby world:

mediawiki (no /core, that was always redundant)
mediawiki/i18n (as submodule)
mediawiki/historical (full history, previous + all mediawiki going forward)

If we jettison all our history we can get the repo size down to a 30-35MB
which is
very nice. Doing it on Gerrit isn't worthwhile because it'd basically break
everything.
We're gonna be breaking things with the move to Phab...it's then or never
if we're
going to do this.

Being able to stitch with the old history would be nice and I think might
be doable with
git-replace. If not, I still think it's worth discussing for developer and
deployer productivity.

Thoughts?

-Chad