On 6/4/14, 1:42 AM, Adrian Lang wrote:
[…] IMO MediaWiki should do the extension
configuration.

I'm not too sure about that one. I think having the code for something
installed without actually running it has its use cases. For example,
you find an issue with an extension but have no time to investigate it
right now. Having all extensions automatically loaded if they are
present would force you to uninstall the extension to disable it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear about this. I didn't mean autoloading in the sense of if the extension is present, MediaWiki will automatically enable it. What I meant was, that if your configuration has:
        $wgEnabledExtensions[] = 'Math';

You shouldn't *also* have to write:
        wfLoadExtensions();

Just the first alone should be necessary.

-- Legoktm