Hi.

Re: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesWithSubpages

Is there a reason NS_MAIN is not included in $wgNamespacesWithSubpages by
default? My understanding is that historically NS_MAIN wasn't included in
this array because the English Wikipedia and others don't use subpages in
their main namespace. But that's probably no longer really relevant. The
current default array (copied below from DefaultSettings.php) seems like
it should include NS_MAIN by default. My feeling is that wikis that don't
want to use subpages in the main namespace simply won't (the fallback
behavior here is pretty clean unless you're running an "AC/DC" wiki) and I
think most MediaWiki installations would want NS_MAIN included in the
default (e.g., the manual page's first custom configuration entry
addresses this issue... it comes up quite a bit).

Thoughts on adding NS_MAIN to $wgNamespacesWithSubpages in MediaWiki core?

I briefly searched Bugzilla for a previous discussion of this topic, but
couldn't find any relevant tickets.

Current default:
---
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages = array(