Hi,

On Sun, 2014-06-29 at 16:56 +0100, Thomas Mulhall wrote:
> Hi could we discontinue support for internet explorer 6 and 7 because
> jquery ui 1.11.0 drops support for internet explorer 6 and 7.

Could you elaborate how decisions made by Jquery UI developers are
relevant for us, and who the "we" is here? MediaWiki?

> Windows xp support internet explorer 8.

Could you elaborate why you think this is relevant?
(My computer might support software that can manage a nuclear power
plant, still I might not have that software installed because I don't
have a nuclear power plant handy.)

In any case, absolute browser numbers for Wikimedia can be found on
http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportClients.htm

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler