On 30/06/14 03:33, Brian Wolff wrote:
> Wait, we support internet explorer 6? (Currently IE 6 is 1.17% and 7
> is 0.9%. On our scale, 1% is actually a very high number of people.
> However some bots probably use IE6 as a user-agent, so unclear if
> those numbers are inflated).

If it were 1% spread thinly throughout the world, among people who
probably have access to other browsers and have no real excuse for
using IE 6, then I would be in favour of dropping it. The trouble is,
IE 6 accounts for about 22% of market share in mainland China:

https://www.modern.ie/en-us/ie6countdown#list

There is some dispute about this figure, but according to this article
from March 2013, it is probably not too far off, if you count
installations rather than web traffic:

<http://globalsem.wordbank.com/global-marketing/ie6-china/>

In China, we have enough trouble as it is trying to compete with local
websites -- ending support for perhaps the most popular browser in
that region could hardly help matters.

-- Tim Starling