On 07/19/2014 05:47 AM, Mark Clements (HappyDog) wrote:
> I've never been to a hackathon before!  What should I expect?  Are any
> of you guys coming?

Hackathons tend to cover the range from "complete newbie" to "Brion";
it's the meeting place for everyone who are involved - or want to get
involved - in everything related to technical aspects of
Mediawiki/Wikimedia; from core to language to tools.

It's actually quite fun; you get to sit down and work with like-minded
people on most everything that strikes you fancy, and whatever you want
to learn you are certain you meet someone there you can teach you.  (And
vice-versa!).  Whether you feel like sitting down and to a hacking run,
flit from one topic to another to find new things you can help with, or
just want to meet-and-greet you'll find something for you.

-- Marc