Dear Scott,

Am 11.08.14 um 05:36 schrieb C. Scott Ananian:
> What seems like a deadlock may in fact be parsoid timing out while
> trying to connect to your local wiki's API end point.  We have had
> some users report problems of this sort which were caused by their
> firewall or access control setup.  You might want to verify that
> the API end point for your local wiki is configured correctly, and
> that you can successfully connect to it from the machine Parsoid is
> running on.

 thanks for the input, but all services (Wiki (apache2), mysql and
 Parsoid) are running on the same machine.

 Additionally, I used "tcpdumd -A ..." to capture the conversation
 between the Wiki (i.e. /wiki/api.php) and the Parsoid service, see
 detailed transcript in my original report, steps (3) to (7), and so
 verified that they can and do communicate.  Logs available if needed.

 Parsoid times out, but not due to a failed TCP connection.

 @All: I am happy to provide any addition information regarding my
 setup and steps tried that you consider useful.

 Best regards

    Björn

--
|     Bjoern Kahl   +++   Siegburg   +++    Germany     |
| "googlelogin@-my-domain-"   +++   www.bjoern-kahl.de  |