Opera < 12 has already been dropped by jQuery for a while now[1], and was also
removed from Grade A support for MediaWiki core[2] since MediaWiki 1.17.

That is to say, we've not tested or prioritised anything pertaining Opera 11 or
below for several years now. It wasn't blacklisted yet from the startup module
because we didn't yet know whether it could pass as Grade X and apparently
there hasn't been enough traffic/interest from anyone to bother adding the
blacklist for it. I mean, we don't (and aren't going to) blacklist Netscape
either.

But I'd say old Opera is significant enough that it's worth blacklisting < 12.

Firefox 3.5 and 3.6 was dropped in MediaWiki 1.22.0 (from Grade A to Grade B;
we blacklisted Firefox < 4), but we changed that to Firefox < 3 because we
found that (despite Firefox 3.6 not being officially supported by Mozilla and
jQuery) it's feature set was good enough to just give it everything (Grade X
instead of Grade B) per a Village Pump thread requesting it.[3]

— Krinkle

[1] https://jquery.com/browser-support/
[2]
https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Compatibility&oldid=1119439#Browser_support_matrix