On 27 August 2014 20:13, Chris Steipp <cste...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> * Assuming we implement one or two of: dynamic callbacks, automatic
> approval of apps, or public consumers, but not all three, which are
> most desired?

I would order them:
 1. Public consumers. As I understand it, there's no way to work around
this, other than having your program connect to your own endpoint which
then connects to WMF servers.
 2. Dynamic callbacks. These can be worked around (setting a cookie, for
instance), but most libraries assume they can set/need to set the callback.
Implementing this means more OAuth libs will work with less work.

Automatic approval - as long as approval is reasonably fast, I don't see
why this is important. Testing can be done with the author's account, even
if the consumer has not been approved yet. Maybe that needs to be mentioned
more clearly -- it's possible people are not aware of it.

Merlijn