On 9/26/14, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 September 2014 23:28, Markus Glaser <gla...@hallowelt.biz> wrote:
>
>> Patch to previous version (1.19.18):
>> https://releases.wikimedia.org/mediawiki/1.19/mediawiki-1.19.19.patch.gz
>

> So I downloaded and applied this. gunzipped it, got this:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root     root      13663 Sep 24 21:35 mediawiki-1.19.19.patch
>
> Applied it, and got this (on two different wikis):
>
> # patch -p1 --dry-run < mediawiki-1.19.19.patch
> patching file includes/DefaultSettings.php
> patching file includes/Sanitizer.php
> patching file includes/upload/UploadBase.php
> patching file includes/XmlTypeCheck.php
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 20.
> 1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> includes/XmlTypeCheck.php.rej
> patching file RELEASE-NOTES-1.19
> patching file tests/phpunit/includes/upload/UploadTest.php
>
> The wikis are 1.19.18; I forget what I installed them as, but I've
> been applying the differential patches as they came out. This is the
> first one I've had the slightest hiccup with.
>
> So is it just me?
>

> - d.

I just tried the following:

bawolff@Bawolff-L:/var/www/w/git/includes$ git checkout 1.19.18
Checking out files: 100% (4472/4472), done.
Note: checking out '1.19.18'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at a107915... Updated release notes and version number to
MediaWiki 1.19.18
bawolff@Bawolff-L:/var/www/w/git/includes$ cd ../
bawolff@Bawolff-L:/var/www/w/git$ patch -p1 < ~/mediawiki-1.19.19.patch
patching file includes/DefaultSettings.php
patching file includes/Sanitizer.php
patching file includes/upload/UploadBase.php
patching file includes/XmlTypeCheck.php
patching file RELEASE-NOTES-1.19
patching file tests/phpunit/includes/upload/UploadTest.php

-----

So provided that the 1.19.18 tarball/patch gets thing up to precisely
where git has 1.19.18 tagged (a107915), then the patch seems to work
fine.

--bawolff