Thank you for the interest!

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 6:52 AM, <agarr...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> This is exciting. Let us know when smaller, newer projects would be able
> to be set up as Phabricator guinea pigs.

The reasons to hold the horses (or guinea pigs) for new projects until the
official launch are

* minimize the risk of support overhead -- project management processes are
still rough/undecided/undocumented, and the team must focus on the RT and
Bugzilla migration first
* keep the scope of Bugzilla until the migration -- new guinea pigs were
useful for learning during the first stage in fab (Labs instance), but now
they might mess the migration.

Contributors interested in running their projects in Phabricator can start
playing at http://phab-01.wmflabs.org as in a sandbox. You can also help
discussing and documenting best practices, so the big wave of teams and
projects have a smoother landing after the Bugzilla migration:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Project_Management

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T558

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > Today we celebrate an important milestone in the Phabricator project:
> > https://phabricator.wikimedia.org is now open to all Wikimedia users!
> > Special thanks go to @chasemp and @mmodell, who lead us to this milestone
> > with their Phabricator expertise.
> > Please get your account and let us know if you find any problems.
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help#Creating_your_account
> > explains how to register and how to claim your fab activity today (and
> your
> > RT and Bugzilla activity in the future).
> > You are invited to participate in existing projects. Creation of new
> > projects is closed until the completion of the Bugzilla migration -- see
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help#Requesting_a_new_project
> > NEXT STEPS
> > We will set up a separate Phabricator instance containing a sample of
> > Bugzilla reports imported automatically, for your delight and criticism.
> > After this instance is announced, we will leave at least one week for
> > community feedback before deciding the next steps.
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator#Migration_timeline
> > --
> > Quim Gil
> > Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation