On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 4:34 AM, Gergo Tisza <gti...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Brian Wolff <bawo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well there are a lot of links to it first of all.
> >

> For which a redirect is a much better solution than sending the reader to a
> dead site and leaving them to figure out it's dead. At least for direct bug
> references it should be easy to set up a rewrite rule forwarding them to a
> Phabricator search on the bugzilla ticket number.

This is what will happen: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T40

The main reason for keeping Bugzilla up as long as possible would be, IMO,
> the personal details which won't be migrated but help people keep track of
> their bugs of interest, often across many years - votes, saved searches,
> personal whiteboards and such.

We have committed to keep Bugzilla in read-only mode after the Phabricator
launch, and we haven't decided on any date to decommission it. We don't
need to rush to decide that date. Bugzilla will be there until the day that
it doesn't make sense to keep it. Tracked in
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T366

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil