Sylvain Boissel <sylvain.bois...@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> I am currently drafting a short document about what is a Mediawiki
> Hackathon. Could you please help me by pinpointing to me some of the
> greatest / coolest tools or achievements that were made during previous
> Wikimedia Hackathon?

The real "achievement" of the Wikimedia Hackathon are not individual,
identifiable products that you can now see shipping on Wikimedia sites.

Instead, I would argue (and, this, as a person who prefers to work
remotely) that the achievement of the Hackathons are better social bonds
between MediaWiki developers.  For example, I brought my son to the last
Hackathon in Zurich and introduced him to some core MW developers.

This didn't result in any amazing tool or achievement that I can point
to, but I hope it showed other developers how their work can affect
developers outside their normal circles.

Bottom line: I don't think what you should be looking for are outcomes
that produce new tools.  Instead, how do these hackathons help people
who usually are not in the same location connect with others?

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC