Disclaimer, Obviously as the developer of JsonConfig & Graph, I am strongly
in favor of Json capabilities in Lua. That being said, would the new Lua
functions be any more in danger of misuse than the powerful raw HTML
generation library, or the capability of pulling content of may pages in a
list (both of which are already available in Lua), e.g.
   for page in list_of_pages:
    mw.getContent(page)

I feel that most powerful functions could be abused, and at the end of the
day, there is no such thing as a perfect "idiot-proof" way, simply because
there are a lot of brilliant idiots. So instead of prohibiting a function
that is clearly demanded by many developers, let us implement it and rely
on 1) performance tuning once we see a problem, 2) usage/code reviewing, 3)
documenting recommended usage patterns.