On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM, James Forrester <jforres...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> ​No. The Drafts extension (and any feature that puts hidden content on the
> servers) was veto'ed years ago by Legal. We need to stop beating this dead
> horse.

If that is the case, it should be expressed more clearly at T39992
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T39992> which right now has some legal
arguments (not very convincing ones, in my opinion, but I'll expand on that
there), but no mention of any authoritative legal evaluation, and on the
whole the discussion is centered on usability.

Anyway, this doesn't really answer the question - whether drafts are stored
locally or on the server is an implementation detail (a major one, but
still). Is a localstorage-based draft feature on the roadmap, then?