On 16 December 2014 at 21:07, Arcane 21 <arc...@live.com> wrote:

> At the risk of sounding stupid, does this mean other wikis will need a
> Parsoid instance to use this extension, or is this simply being tested in a
> Parsoid environment and it's just using CSS instead of wikitext for
> rendering? If the former, not a fan of the idea at all. If the latter,
> awesome, sounds like a great idea.

​The latter; this has become a pressing need for faithful replication of
expected styles​ for pages rendered using Parsoid, but we'll do this in
both the "regular" Cite extension and the current re-implementation of it
inside Parsoid. They will share the styling so that it will just work.

> I'm still confused on the exact details of how this will work, so I'd
> appreciate clarification.

​Right now we've not yet confirmed that we can entirely replicate all the
features and configurations that people are using in Cite via the existing
messages in the new​ CSS system. This is mostly a "please help and/or tell
us if we're crazy" e-mail. :-)

​J.
--
James D. Forrester