MediaWiki caches the result of templates called with no parameters, but not
if they are called with parameters, so there would be a small performance
benefit to splitting the template. However, [1] also comes into play here,
so unless it'd be just as convenient to have the second template, or you're
sure there's problems with performance that you're hoping this would solve,
I wouldn't bother.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Don%27t_worry_about_performance