I just want to thank everybody who participated in the 'future of the
architecture committee' session at the dev summit today -- we had some
great discussion and good ideas and concerns from a lot of people.

Damon has proposed that the committee plan a provisional governance model
formalizing the Archcom and clarifying what we do, what we don't do, and
what people expect out of us beyond looking over RfCs.

Provisional plan is to have something in place or ready to ratify by the
European hackathon in Lyon (in May:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lyon_Hackathon_2015 )

More details to come as we work stuff out -- I think we'll want to do some
open discussion on the subject, so don't be shy with ideas, constructive
criticism, etc!

-- brion