Hi all,

We've indeed had a total site outage for roughly 30 minutes. We're still
collecting all data, but we've tracked down the cause to multiple cascading
issues including loss of power to a critical SPOF network switch and HHVM
MediaWiki application servers getting blocked due to multiple unoptimal
timeout settings. We'll post a full incident report soon, and work to
correct the underlying issues as soon as possible.

Our apologies,

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Guillaume Paumier <gpaum...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le jeudi 5 février 2015, 09:58:01 George Herbert a écrit :
> > I saw a WMF tweet of a site outage (network?) around 9:30am Pacific
> time, by
> > the time I could check now things seem ok on en
>
> Sites are mostly back up but there are still issues with login, so the Ops
> team hasn't had time to write a postmortem yet.
>
> --
> Guillaume Paumier

Mark Bergsma <m...@wikimedia.org>
Lead Operations Architect