On February 8, 2015 at 03:47:26, Max Semenik (maxsem.w...@gmail.com) wrote:

Honestly, I'm no big fan of strongly copyleft licenses, especially AGPL. In
addition to scaring off corporate users (yes, even soulless for-profit
drones deserve the right to use FLOSS), it creates a lot of uncertainty
even for open source users. I would personally prefer something much
permissive like MIT style.
The GPL does not stop companies from using open source software. It only stops
them from modifying open source software and then making it proprietary.
There’s no way we’re going to switch to a license like MIT that does not
actually support the free software movement. (Also, we actually can’t switch to
the MIT license without express permissions from every developer who ever
contributed to core anyway.)

--
Tyler Romeo
0x405D34A7C86B42DF