On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 2:11 AM, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org>
wrote:

> https://git.wikimedia.org/commit/apps%2Fios%2Fwikipedia/
>>> 6532021b4f4b1f09390b1ffc3f09d149b2a8d9d1
>>>
>> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/rAPIW08f0d835ba4441eab28ce6914
>> 24088e2b4743270
>>
> It works, but unlike "apps/ios/wikipedia", "APIW" is not a human-readable
> identifier for a repository.

There was a long discussion about callsigns, and this is what it was agreed:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Diffusion/Callsign_naming_conventions
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Diffusion/Callsign_naming_conventions/Existing_repositories

APIW == AP(ps)I(os)W(ikipedia)

Guessing where cars come from is a fun game in countries that still encode
geographical references in their license plates (Germany are the masters
{{citation needed}} with 1, 2, and 3 letter codes based on the size
population of the department). Callsigns are exactly like license plates,
and now all Wikimedia tech fans can play this game with our repositories.
 :)