Maarten's thinking works well with my train of thought also.

What would it take to implement a new "tool edit flag" userright,
associated filters for recent changes and watchlists, and automatic
applications of the flag to uses of rollback, AWB, etc when the user of
those tools has the right to the tool edit flag?

Pine