Risker wrote:

>... relying on suggestions from a six-year-old strategy document
> when we're about to start a new strategic session, isn't the best
> course of action.

A strategy proposal which never garnered criticism after so many
opportunities would seem to qualify as at least an emergent strategy
within the meaning of the slide and narrative at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Kvj5vCaW0&t=19m30s

Furthermore, the initial limited subtask would be much more difficult
to evaluate as a strategy without a working prototype, including by
the Bot Approvals Group which demands working code before making a
final decision on implementation. Trying to second guess the BAG is
presumptuous.

Is it possible that supporting updates to out of date articles would
not be part of any successful strategy for the Foundation? I have
posted multiple series of statistics to wiki-research-l in the past
several months proving that quality issues are transitioning from
creating new content to maintaining old content, and will be happy to
recapitulate them should anyone suggest that they think it could be.

> what exactly is the plan for doing something with this information.

It will be made available to volunteers as a backlog list which
community members may or may not choose to work on. The Foundation
can't prescribe mandatory content improvement work without putting the
safe harbor provisions in jeopardy. Volunteers will be attracted to
working on such updates in proportion to the extent they see them as
being a worthy use of their editing time.

I have additional detailed plans for testing which I will be happy to
discuss with interested co-mentors, because depending on available
resources there could be a way to eliminate substantial duplication of
effort.

I have updated the synopses at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Accuracy_review
and https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89416

Best regards,