On 14.02.2015 14:39, Georges DICK wrote:
I installed Mediawiki (and a couple of extensions) as an intranet website.

Everyone in the company is entitled to publish, so my fear is people
missing important information. My idea is to send a weekly e-mail to list
every modified pages (link to page, author, last modification date).

I started to write a PHP script as a demonstration and it now works pretty
well. So I have two questions:
- I first unsuccessfully tried to find something similar, but maybe I'm
re-inventing the wheel?
- If I'm the first to build such a feature, maybe someone else could have
some interest in it? If yes, how to publish (this is not an extension, but
a standalone software reading a MySQL database)?

Why not using standards for this, ie. the recent change RSS/Atom feed?

If you really want to have a weekly email digest (what is IMO not a good idea), then you scan use any kind of "feed2email" software solution.

Emmanuel

--
Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline & more
* Web: http://www.kiwix.org