On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Petr Bena <benap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any limit for a number of buddies?

Let's not overcomplicate things.

> I suppose that one WMF
> employee can have more than 1 non-WMF buddy, otherwise the limit of
> non-WMF people at hackathon would equal number of employees :P

Revise your algorithm. :) While WMF employees must find non-WMF buddies,
non-WMF employees can buddy up with other non-WMF employees.

Pine, the initial idea of the buddies came up in an Engineering Community
team meeting around the MediaWiki Developer Summit a few weeks ago. We have
discussed it a bit in a couple of Phabricator tasks, a wiki page, and (in
the past 24 hours) in two mailing lists. I don't think the Wikimedia
Conference in Germany or any other event currently scheduled has even heard
about this concept. If you like it, please advocate for it.  :)