i’m thinking of projects that have already proven useful on the labs
tool server or elsewhere that help move the wiki community forward.

i may be wrong, but it seems that many developers volunteer their time
and create some amazing projects for the wiki domain without being
paid. they may not have the skill or time to properly apply for grants
or other sources of funding. so i’m wondering if there is a way to
turn this around or if something like already exists ... instead of
having to write a grant requests and/or seeking other forms of
funding, establish a grant or funding committee that looks for
projects and developers that have proven helpful and have added value
to the community. then award them with funding without them having to
ask for it.

o dan