On 11/05/15 02:18, Tim Starling wrote:
On 10/05/15 07:06, Brian Wolff wrote:
>People have been talking about vr for a long time. I think there is more
>pressing concerns (e.g. video). I suspect VR will stay in the video game
>realm  or gimmick realm for a while yet
Maybe VR is a gimmick, but VRML, or X3D as it is now called, could be
a useful way to present 3D diagrams embedded in pages. Like SVG, we
could use it with or without browser support.

Hello,

A potential use case for the encyclopedia, would be to display models of chemistry molecules. An example:

  http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Jmol_MediaWiki_Extension

The ability to display X3D would be surely most welcome by a wide range of Wiki projects.

--
Antoine Musso