Il 14/05/2015 14:46, Mark Bergsma ha scritto:
Hi all,

I'm very pleased to announce that we've recently hired Jaime Crespo as
Sr. Database Administrator. Jaime has joined the Technical Operations
team to strengthen our DBA capacity. He will be working closely with
Sean, and will join responsibility for our production database
infrastructure, the Wikimedia Labs replicas and the Analytics/research
databases. His addition to the team will also allow us to support our
developers better with code review and advice about database queries
and schema tuning.

Before he joined us Jaime has been a MySQL/MariaDB DBA consultant,
both at Percona and later as an independent contractor. In that role
he has supported many database environments, large and small. Being a
fan of the free software and open data movements, Jaime is excited to
be employing his experience in such an environment.

Jaime lives in the Zaragoza area in Spain, and will be working with us
remotely from home. Outside of work, he is an active contributor to
the Spanish Wikipedia and the OpenStreetMap projects as well. His
other hobbies include photography, cycling, astronomy, reading and
acting in theater.

Jaime can be found on IRC under the nickname 'jynus'.

Please join me in welcoming him!

Yes, TechOps needs more manpower!