Sure, filed as <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T103586>.

>>For what it's worth, I occasionally found the verbose error message
>>helpful if I tried, for example, <syntaxhighlight lang="html"> instead of
>>lang="html4strict" or lang="html5". I'm not sure if Pygments has
>>additional aliases or is a bit more lenient in cases like this?

I tested with the Pygments-backed version of the extension and "html",
"html5", and "html4strict" all seemed to work. Very nice!

Nicolas Vervelle wrote:
>Previously, the error message contained the list of languages supported by
>the extension, so it was easy to find which value you should use.
>Without the error message, how do we easily get the list of languages that
>can really be used ?
>By easily, I mean directly accessible from the page we are currently
>editing.

When using VisualEditor, there should just be a drop-down menu of
available languages, of course. But when editing the wikitext source, I'm
not sure how we'd expose such a list.

>Maybe something like a small icon in the code block with either a tooltip
>listing languages or a link to a page with the list of languages.

I guess the challenge here is that we only need the list of languages
available when editing, not when viewing the page. And even when editing,
we only need the list of languages available if <syntaxhighlight> is being
invoked. Consequently, exposing a list of supported languages seems
tricky. We could maybe do something on page preview?

MZMcBride