Hi Smriti,

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 17:38 +0300, Smriti Singh wrote:
> The "Easy" tag is becoming rarer and rarer as new tasks are coming
> in. This
> would make it pretty difficult for new developers like myself to sort
> through tasks to look for ones we can do. Could the community come up
> with
> something for this? It would be great if people could start adding an
> "Easy" tag if they think a task they come across is in fact an easy
> one :)

Thanks for bringing this up!

I don't have numbers whether such tasks actually become rarer
(currently there are 440 open "easy" tasks in Phab [1]; 23 of these
tasks were created this month [2]) but I can only second that everybody
who looks at tasks in their area of interest and feels able to judge
the complexity of a task is encouraged to tag tasks as "easy" [3].
The more ideas new contributors can choose from, the better!

Smriti: What is your area of interest?
Let's see if we can help finding some easy tasks!

Cheers,
andre

[1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/9XbZc7TgB8C1/#R
[2] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/VJlz9JVhUIad/#R