We haven't announced this survey on wikitech-l yet, so if you run a wiki
outside of those run by the WMF, please take the time to fill out the
survey at <http://hexm.de/MWSurvey>.  More information about the survey
and its purpose can be found at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/2015_MediaWiki_User_Survey>.

That said, we received a report (T104010) from the Analytics team today
that most downloads of MediaWiki are coming from China.  The report
indicated there were twice as many downloads from China as the U.S. in
June.

I don't know of a good way to reach these users -- I wasn't even aware
of them till today.  Through our efforts at outreach so far we've
uncovered a number of private wikis that we wouldn't have been able to
discover otherwise, but I'd like to extend our reach even farther.

Can we add a link to the survey to the top of
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download until the end of July?

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC