On 23 July 2015 at 22:34, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org> wrote:

> Il 24/07/2015 06:35, C. Scott Ananian ha scritto:
>
>> I don't know about edits tagged as "VisualEditor".  That seems like that
>>
> should only be done by VE.
>>

> All edits made via visualeditoredit <
> https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=help&modules=visualeditoredit>
> are tagged.

​Yes. That's because that is the *private* API for VisualEditor. It
absolutely should not ever be used by anyone else.​ It's not like any of
the 'real' APIs in MediaWiki – it is designed for exactly one use case
(VisualEditor), makes huge assumptions about the world and what is needed
(like tagging edits), and we make breaking changes all the time.
Unfortunately, the request to badge internal APIs got turned into flagging
it and similar APIs in MediaWiki as "This module is internal or unstable.",
which isn't strong enough on just how bad an idea it is to use it. I would
extremely strongly suggest that you do not use it, ever.

As Marko, Subbu and Scott point out, we have actual public APIs for this
kind of stuff, in the forms of RESTbase and Parsoid, and that's what you
should use.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester