Il 03/08/2015 22:08, C. Scott Ananian ha scritto:
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 2:23 AM, Ricordisamoa<ricordisa...@openmailbox.org>
wrote:

Il 31/07/2015 21:08, C. Scott Ananian ha scritto:

I agree that we have not (to date) spent a lot of time on APIs supporting
direct editing of the Parsoid DOM.  I tend to do things directly using the
low-level DOM methods myself (and that's how I presented my Parsoid
tutorial at wikimania this year) but I can see the attractiveness of the
`mwparserfromhell` API in abstracting some of the details of the
representation.

Thankfully you can have it both ways!  Over the past week I've cloned the
`mwparserfromhell` API, build on top of the Parsoid DOM.  The initial
patches have been merged, but there's a little work to do to get the API
docs up on docs.wikimedia.org properly.  Once that's done I'll post here
with pointers.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, that still requires using Node.js and depending on the
parsoid package.

Clearly you're just trying to bait me into porting my code to python.

I'm baiting you into exposing a mwparserfromhell-like AST from RESTBase.
Then I can deal with a Python client, a PHP one, etc. :-)

I assure you there is nothing JavaScript-specific about this; there are HTML
DOM-manipulation libraries available in all major programming languages.
HTML *is* an AST (in this case, at least).
  --scott