On 2 September 2015 at 07:27, Dan Garry <dga...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 1 September 2015 at 23:21, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Thanks. So now we'll have two unmaintained extensions, LQT and Flow.

> To quote Danny's email directly, "Flow will be maintained and supported".
> Your supposition that the extension will be unmaintained is not correct.

As a third-party MediaWiki tarball user, I'm slightly annoyed because
RationalWIki took on LQT originally because WMF made it sound like it
was definitely the future yep no worries. As the current sysadmin I
desperately would love to set LQT on fire and put it in a bin and was
hoping Flow would be the supported option. Bah, how annoying ...

Did the stuff to port LQT threads/pages to Flow ever make it to
production quality?

OTOH, the problems outlined in this message are pretty much exactly
what experienced Wikipedia users said when Flow was started - you need
to be able to cut'n'paste slabs of wikitext (or parsoid HTML5 or
whatever VE actually copies to the clipboard) from the article to the
talk page, which means something VEish on talk too.

Talk pages are indeed an utter nightmare for usability. If I had a
plausible answer I'd be posting it.

- d.