On 09/05/2015 07:11 PM, MZMcBride wrote:
I think there are people who sympathize with and even support efforts to have
codes of
conduct in technical spaces, but who don't want to feel demonized for
being male.

Then those people should be glad to participate in finalizing this CoC.

There's a dark irony in sites such as Geek Feminism Wiki
feeling the need to prominently answer "Are men welcome here?" in their
FAQ (<http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Geek_Feminism_Wiki_FAQ>).

Since I felt welcome on that wiki before reading that FAQ, I don't really find it ironic. Perhaps they went farther than they needed to be welcoming, but *that's not a bad thing*.

This isn't to say that there aren't good ideas and good people behind some
of this content, but I can see a lot potential allies to the code of
conduct cause being put off by the militant feminist language and
overeager citations of feminist theory.

There is no such language or citation on the draft.

Matt Flaschen