On 9/12/15, wp mirror <wpmirror...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 0) Context
>
> I am currently developing new features for WP-MIRROR (see <
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wp-mirror>).
>
> 1) Objective
>
> I would like WP-MIRROR to generate all image thumbs during the mirror build
> process. This is so that mediawiki can render pages quickly using
> precomputed thumbs.
>
> 2) Dump importation
>
> maintenance/importDump.php - this computes thumbs during importation, but
> is too slow.
> mwxml2sql - loads databases quickly, but does not compute thumbs.
>
> 3) Question
>
> Is there a way to compute all the thumbs after loading databases quickly
> with mwxml2sql?
>
> Sincerely Yours,
> Kent

Hi. My understanding is that wp-mirror sets up a MediaWiki instance
for rendering the mirror. One solution would be to set up 404-thumb
rendering. This makes it so that instead of pre-rendering the needed
thumbs, MediaWiki will render the thumbs on-demand whenever the web
browser requests a thumb. There's some instructions for how this works
at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Thumb.php This is probably
the best solution to your problem.

Otherwise, MW needs to know what thumbs are needed for all pages,
which involves parsing pages (e.g. via refreshLinks.php). This is a
very slow process. If you already had all the thumbnail's generated,
you could just copy over the thumb directory perhaps, but I'm not sure
where you would get a pre-generated thumb directory.

--
-bawolff