On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 12:09 -0700, Pine W wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> I was told by a WMF non-management employee that they have little
> discretion about which projects they're working on, and that the decisions
> about priorities come top-down. Hence my interest in engaging with the
> quarterly planning processes and the people managing those processes to see
> if there's a way to get community input into the teams' quarterly goals.

WMF is made up of several teams. For a list, click "Organizational
overview" on https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Staff?showall=1
Some members of some teams might either be or have the feeling of being
more influenced by potential top-down priorities. Others less.

About engaging with the planning processes and people:

For Engineering, the main goals and contacts for Oct-Dec are here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/2015-16_Q2_Goals

That page links to each team's homepages (they are also linked from
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering ) which should
cover the planning processes, communication/contact info, etc.

Hope that helps a bit?

Cheers,
andre

--