On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 21:05 -0600, Brian Wolff wrote:
> It would be nice if before asking for general review, the proposals
> were vetted to have sufficient detail. Some of these seem to be "I
> want X$ to do Y, and I'm not going to tell you how I plan to do Y, or
> how I determined X$ is needed, or even give a detailed definition of
> what Y is".
>
> For a grant proposal, I'd expect to see budget justifications, time
> estimations broken down by rough sub tasks, a general plan of attack,
> potential risks and how the grantee plans to mitigate them, user
> acceptance criteria, etc

Thanks Brian. These sound like very valid points.

I'm curious if application templates of other (technical) programs have
already been looked at for IEG and which conclusions were drawn. Seeing
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_programs/Application_template a
nd
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_programs/Life_of_a_successful_project
I can imagine there's knowledge to share (*if* that hasn't happened
yet).

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler