On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Nicolas Vervelle <nverve...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, it seems to happen a lot : only one more CX edit on frwiki since my
> first post :
>
> https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Aradjamough&action=edit&oldid=119970842
> It's not translated at all...An ergonomic problem then ?
> But even without any translation it contains problems: big mess with
> coordinates, templates prefix.

Hello Nico,

Thanks again for bringing this up. Most of the tags and syntax related
issues are already in phabricator[1] and we are actively monitoring the
remaining issues.
Recently we have adjusted the configuration of our parsing engine to
produce much clean wikitext[2]. This represents a general improvement in
this area, but there are still specific issues to be solved.

For our upcoming release cycle, stability and reliability will be key areas
we plan to work on. We have been collecting the list of blocking bugs from
the community that will move the tool to its next level of maturity [3],
and producing clean wikitext is also an important area as the tool gets
exposed to a wider audience. For this reason, we highly appreciate all
reports about tag related failures that makes us aware of the possible
anomalies.

The tool is in active development and despite the issues reported, we still
think that the overall balance of the content contributed is still
positive. From our observation, users translating content with Content
Translation are normally editing the articles after creation to improve
them, and the deletion ratio is much lower compared to that of articles
created from scratch. The purpose of the tool is to facilitate the creation
of those first versions to be later evolved. Disabling the tool would also
impact the workflow of many users who chose to use Content Translation
because it saves them time.

[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/Normalizations#scrubWikitext

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Strainu <strain...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can't comment on the rest of the issues, but I can add one more: I've
> had several reports for ro.wp of "lost" translations. Unfortunately I
> don't have enough data to log a bug. They just said: "my translations
> were lost". Perhaps some performance issues with the server or some
> patchy Internet connections and not enough caching?

Strainu,

Thanks for mentioning the saving failures. It’s currently one of the most
intriguing problems that we are investigating. Please feel free to report
the cases from Romanian Wikipedia in this ticket:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T116908 . The cause for the failures have
been rather inconsistent and finding the appropriate solution remains
elusive at the moment. In the coming weeks, we hope to narrow things down
through extensive logging and analysis.

Thanks
Runa

--