On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Daniel Friesen <dan...@nadir-seen-fire.com>
wrote:

> That all being said. I still think the original rationale for picking
> lua (more sandboxing controls including execution limits based on steps
> in lua rather than varying execution time) is still valid.

It's not, actually.  It may have been at the time.  But v8 now has both
time and memory limits and fine-grained counters for various events with
callbacks and all sorts of crazy sandbox-y things.  See
https://github.com/phpv8/v8js/blob/master/v8js_timer.cc (although I think
the latest v8 actually has even more direct ways of enforcing these limits.)
 --scott, who'd like to get some more work done on Scribunto/JS at some
point.

--
(http://cscott.net)