I believe the title language support is for the LanguageConverter
extension.  They used to (ab)use the `{{DISPLAYTITLE:title}}` magic
word in order to use the proper language variant, something like:

`{{DISPLAYTITLE:-{en-us:Color; en-gb:Colour}-}}`

Then support was added to avoid the need for this hack, and just Do
The Right Thing.  I don't know the details, but presumably
`Title::getDisplayLanguage` is part of it.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Brian Wolff <bawo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> contents on pretty much every other wiki (As an aside, TOC really
> shouldn't split parser cache imo, and that's something I'd like to fix
> at some point, but as it stands, any page with a ToC is split by user
> language)

Then you'll be interested in taking a look at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T114057
 --scott

--
(http://cscott.net)