> Nice work on the API!
>
> I wrote a basic consumer of this API at
> http://codepen.io/Krinkle/full/wKOMMN#wikimdia-pageviews

Cool!  Check out dv.wikipedia.org though, some of the RTL is messing with
your (N views) parens.

The only hurdle I found is that the 'articles' property is itself
> nested/double encoded JSON, instead of a plain object. This was somewhat
> unexpected and makes the API harder to use.

Right, for sure.  The data had to be stuffed that way to save space in
Cassandra.  So we could parse it and reshape the response in RESTBase, and
that seems like a good idea and probably wouldn't hurt performance too
much.  Do you think it's worth the breaking change to the format?  I'll
post on the bug that MZ filed.