Thanks for this initiative.

I think that concerns at the moment would be in the domains of privacy,
security, lack of WMF analytics intstrumentation, and WMF fundraising
limitations.

That said, looking in the longer term, a number of us in the community are
interested in decreasing our dependencies on the Wikimedia Foundation as
insurance against possible catastrophes and as a backup plan in case of
another significant WMF dispute with the community. It might be worth
exploring the options for setting up Wikipedia on infrastructure outside of
WMF. I would be interested in talking with you to discuss this further;
please let me know if you have time for a Hangout session in early to mid
December.

Thank you for your interest!
Pine