Well, when the message doesn't adapt to the medium, it's of limited
utility to argue the problem is the medium. You can argue as long as
you want, just don't expect it to change ;)

It seems like an easy resolution to this would be to just point people
at the wiki. So instead of sending variously-formatted emails that
contain the whole thing, just  "Hey, we've released a new report! It's
on the wiki at [URL] and contains, amongst other things, [2-3 really
cool/interesting things]. Hope you enjoy!"

That way people can get the information from the nicely-formatted
source without simultaneously being lured by a not-as-nicely formatted
source.

On 4 December 2015 at 13:52, Kevin Smith <ksm...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> The wiki view is vastly better than the email body. My perception is that
> this summary is not "What developer relations has been doing", but rather
> "if you're a developer here's stuff that might interest you". With that
> filter, it made much more sense.
>

> Kevin Smith
> Agile Coach, Wikimedia Foundation
>

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Gergo Tisza <gti...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 2:50 AM, Bartosz Dziewoński <matma....@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > This list strips HTML formatting.
>>

>> Looks like we identified the root problem then.

Oliver Keyes
Count Logula
Wikimedia Foundation