> Reported as https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T121209

Nemo closed it as invalid. While he is right that correct solution is ~~~~~
(5 tildes rather than 4), he is not right that the issue is purely a user
error.

As mass delivery is a MW service (as far as I see, an extension), the
software should handle it: either put the tildes itself or refuse a
malformed message.

As Flow is ante portas (do I suppose correctly that it will work without
tildes as LQT did?), the extension should check the existence of Flow and
make the correct decision. At the point where some wikis use Flow and
others don't, it is no more the user's responsibility to deal with tildes.