On Jan 27, 2016 9:57 PM, "Ori Livneh" <o...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The setup of test2.wikipedia.org is no longer meaningfully different from
> test.wikipedia.org. Is there a good reason for keeping test2?

test2 is used a bit for testing wikibase client stuff like for lua
templates. Forget why but test2 has had wikibase client long before it was
enabled on test Wikipedia.

As wikidata developer, when we roll out new features like arbitrary access,
I also like to have one test Wikipedia with it and one without (while some
wikipedias don't have said feature yet). Helps if we need to debug one or
other setup, or if a bug sneaks by all our phpunit etc tests and beta and
affects one of the configurations, then test + test2 can help.

I don't think there is so much extra maintenance burden of having test2
around to justify closing it, vs benefits it can give.
Cheers,
Katie