Hi,

I plan to try and use a big (~67K entries) table as a "database" in a
LUA script, with a basic lookup function. One call of the module would
be well within the time and memory limits, but I'm worried for pages
that might invoke the module several hundred times, so I did an
experiment with only a single entry in the table and the results are
encouraging:

1 call:
Lua time usage    0.006/10.000 seconds
Lua memory usage    513 KB/50 MB

10 calls:
Lua time usage    0.010/10.000 seconds
Lua memory usage    873 KB/50 MB

100 calls:
Lua time usage    0.074/10.000 seconds
Lua memory usage    1,35 MB/50 MB

There are obviously some optimizations there and I would be curious
what they are? Do you use some CoW or other trick to prevent loading
that table 100 times? Do you have the loading/parsing process
documented somewhere?

Thanks,
  Strainu