On 04/08/2016 05:14 AM, Ricordisamoa wrote:
You mean subtract 1, or add -1

*facepalm* :-)

Il 05/04/2016 18:53, Subramanya Sastry ha scritto:

I suppose you've figured out that I don't know how to write citations. Subtract -1 from N for all [N] in the body. :-) -S.

On 04/05/2016 11:41 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:
Hi everyone,

We would like to let you know that Kunal (User:Legoktm for those who don’t already know) is moving inside the Editing Department from the Collaboration Team to the Parsing Team.

The Collaboration team is grateful for Kunal’s great work over the past year, especially on the backend for cross-wiki notifications. Prior to that, Kunal spent two years working on SUL finalization, without which a feature like cross-wiki notifications would not have been possible.

The Parsing team is very happy to have Kunal join them. Kunal is really interested to work on implementing shadow namespaces [2] which enables wikis to specify fallback wikis for pages that don’t resolve on the local wiki. Among other things, this could enable creation of global repositories for templates, for example, which interests us greatly.

There is this little detail of Kunal being a nominee for affiliate-selected board seats [3] and what happens if he gets elected [4]. We will cross that bridge when we get there. :-)

Trevor, Subbu, Roan.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Shadow_namespaces [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations/Kunal_Mehta [3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Questions#Kunal_Mehta_16