Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've had a few too many things to get done this week
so I haven't communicated as clearly as I should've.

The release branches (REL1_27) have been created for MW core, vendor,
all extensions and all skins. MediaWiki core is now on 1.28.0-alpha.

It's time to start testing out the release branch and make sure everything
is good and polished. You can do this on your vagrant by navigating to
the mediawiki/ directory and checking out the branches.

If you find a problem in the release, please file a task in Phabricator or
submit a patch.

Minor reminder: please don't start landing large breaking changes on
master now that we've swapped...it makes porting patches between
branches way more difficult than they need to be :)

Thanks and have a great week!

-Chad