Greetings,
I hope you had a good week.

Here are the updates from the Discovery department for the week.

* Wikipedia.org portal A/B test for adding in descriptive text to the
sister wiki links <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T131238> went live on
May 3, 2016.
* Updated statistics for wiktionary.org
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T128546> on May 3, 2016
* Released a few minor fixes to the Portal on May 3, 2016
* New version of Blazegraph and WDQS deployed, including geospatial search
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_query_service/User_Manual#Geospatial_search>
.
* New completion suggester code was reverted from planned ElasticSearch 2.x
release
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/discovery/2016-May/001085.html>,
affecting our plans for runtime updates to suggester.
* It is now possible to use SPARQL queries
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T126741> from interactive graphs
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Graph/Demo>.
* Deb attended the Reading department offsite this week. Initial response
was that it was a great opportunity to learn and discovery new ways we can
collaborate in the future.

----

Feedback and suggestions on this weekly update are welcome.

The full update, and archive of past updates, can be found on Mediawiki.org:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Discovery/Status_updates

--
Yours,
Chris Koerner